Publications and Presentations
- Littleton, K., Scanlon, E. & Sharples, M. (eds.)(2012) Orchestrating Inquiry Learning. Routledge. ISBN-10: 0415601134.
- Anastopoulou, A., Sharples, M., Ainsworth, S., Crook, C., O’Malley, C. & Wright, M. (2012) Creating personal meaning through technology-supported science learning across formal and informal settings. International Journal of Science Education, 34,2, 251–273.
- Kerawalla, L, Littleton, K., Scanlon, E., Jones, A., Gaved, M., Collins, T., Mulholland, P., Blake, Clough, G., Conole, G, and Petrou, M. (2012). Personal inquiry learning trajectories in Geography: technological support across contexts. Interactive Learning Environments, available online 4 Oct 2011 DOI:10.1080/10494820.2011.604036
- Anastopoulou, S. & Sharples, M. (2012) Designing Orchestration for Inquiry Learning. In K. Littleton, E. Scanlon & M. Sharples (eds.) Orchestrating Inquiry Learning. Routledge, pp. 69-85.
- Scanlon, E.; Anastopoulou, S.; Kerawalla, L. and Mulholland, P. (2011). How technology resources can be used to represent personal inquiry and support students' understanding of it across contexts. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 27(6), pp. 516–529.
- Mulholland, P. Anastopoulou, S. Collins, T. Feisst, M. Gaved, M. Kerawalla, L.; Paxton, M. Scanlon, E. Sharples, M. Wright, M. (2011) nQuire: Technological support for personal inquiry learning. IEEE Transactions in Learning Technologies, issue 99 6 Dec 2011DOI: 10.1109/TLT.2011.32
- Sharples, M., Scalon, E. et al. (2011) Final Report: Personal Inquiry (PI): Designing for Evidence-based Inquiry Learning across Formal and Informal Settings. (Available here)
- Sharples, M., Collins, T., Feißt, M., Gaved, M., Mulholland, P., Paxton, M., Wright, M. (2011) A “Laboratory of Knowledge-Making” for Personal Inquiry Learning. In G. Biswas, S. Bull, J. Kay & A. Mitrovic (eds.) Artificial Intelligence in Education: Proceedings of 15th The International Conference, AIED 2011, Auckland New Zealand, June/July 2011. Springer Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 6738. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, p. 312-319.
- Feißt, M., Paxton, M., Sharples, M. (2010) Field trip data collection: Online data update versus synchronisaton. In Montebello, M., Camilleri, V., & Dingli, A. (eds.) Proceedings of mLearn 2010, World Conference on Mobile and contextual Learning, Valetta, Malta. University of Malta, pp. 403-404.
- Gaved, M., Collins, T., Mulholland, P., Kerawalla, L., Jones, A., Paxton, M. and Scanlon, E. Using netbooks to support mobile learners' investigations across activities and places. Not yet published. Open Learning Journal.
- Anastopoulou, S. Sharples, M. Ainsworth, S. Crook, C. Feisst, M. O’Malley, C. Paxton, M. Yang, Y.
Personal Inquiry: the Nottingham experience(2010) . CALRG 2010 Annual Conference, 24-25 May 2010 , The Open University, UK Presented (paper)
- Gaved, M. Mulholland, P. Kerawalla, L. Collins, T. and Scanlon, E. More notspots than hotspots: strategies for undertaking networked learning in the real world. Mlearn 2010 Not yet presented
- Kerawalla, L. Scanlon, E. Gaved, M. Jones, A. Littleton, K. Mulholland, P. Collins, T. Twiner, A and Clough, G. Being a Geographer: the role of mobile, scripted inquiry in mediating embodied meaning-making during Geography fieldtrips. Mlearn 2010. Not yet presented
- nQuire: A Customizable Toolkit for Inquiry Learning across School, Home and Field Trip Locations. Mlearn 2010. Not yet presented
- Anastopoulou, S., Yang, Y., Paxton, M., Sharples, M., Crook, C., Ainsworth, S., & O'Malley, C. (2010) Maintaining continuity of inquiry learning experiences across contexts: Teacher's management strategies and the role of technology. Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 6383 LNCS, 2010, Pages 17-29
- Conole, G., Scanlon, E., Littelton, K., Kerawalla, L. and Mulholland, P. Personal Inquiry (PI): Innovations in participatory design and models for inquiry learning. Journal Educational Multimedia Interaction.
- Anastopoulou, S. Personal Inquiry: Designing for Evidence-based Inquiry Learning across Formal and Informal Settings. Seminar presentation at University of Leicester. 28th January 2009 (Presentation)
- Sharples, M. Personal Inquiry Supporting inquiry science learning across formal and informal settings.Kings College London. 4th Feb. (Presentation)
- Anastopoulou, S., Kerawalla, C., Littleton, K. and the PI project team (2009). Facilitating the expression of learner voices in the participatory design of technology to support inquiry learning. Poster presented at CAL 2009 - Learning in Digital Worlds, 23-25 March 2009 Brighton, UK (Abstract) (Poster)
- Kerawalla, C., Scanlon, E., Twiner, A., Gaved, M., Jones, A., Littleton, K., Conole, G., Mulholland, P., Collins, T., Blake, C., Clough, G. (2009), Technological mediation of personal inquiry in UK GCSE geography: opportunities and challenges, CAL’09 Learning in Digital Worlds conference, March 23-35, Brighton, UK (Presentation)
- Anastopoulou, S., Sharples, M., Ainsworth, S., Crook, C. (2009). Personal Inquiry: linking the cultures of home and school with technology mediated science inquiry. In Pachler, N., Seipold, J. (Eds.) 'Mobile learning cultures across education, work and leisure.' Proceedings of the 3rd WLE Mobile Learning Symposium, London, 27th March 2009. Published by the WLE Centre, March 2009. ISSN 1753-3385 (Long Abstract) (Presentation)
- Scanlon, E., Conole, G., Littleton, K., Kerawalla, L., Gaved, M., Twiner, A., Collins, T. and Mulholland, P. Personal Inquiry (PI): Innovations in participatory design and models for inquiry learning, part of a TLRP TEL symposium. AERA 13th -17th April 2009 (Full text)
- Mulholland, P., Collins, T., Gaved, M., Wright, M., Sharples, M., Greenhalgh, C., Kerawalla, C., Scanlon, E. and Littleton, K. (2009). Activity Guide: An Approach to Scripting Inquiry Learning. International Workshop on Intelligent Support for Exploratory Environments at AIED 2009, Brighton, UK (Paper)
- Scanlon, E. Littleton, K., Gaved, M., Kerawalla, L., Mulholland, P., Collins, T., Conole, G., Jones, A., Clough, G., Blake, C. and Twiner, A. (2009) Support for evidence-based inquiry learning: teachers, tools and phases of inquiry. In Proceedings of the 13th Biennial Conference of the European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction (EARLI), Aug 25-29 2009, Amsterdam.Published (Paper)
- Anastopoulou, S., & O'Malley, C. (2009). Issues in scaffolding collaborative inquiry science learning. Symposium in A. Dimitracopoulou, C. O'Malley, D. Suthers, P. Reimann (Eds.), Computer Supported Collaborative Learning Practices - CSCL2009 Community Events Proceedings, ISLS (pp. 34-36). Published (Community Event Proceedings )
- Scanlon, E., Littleton, K., Anastopoulou, S. and Ainsworth, S. & the PI project team. Personal Inquiry and Groupwork: Issues for computer-supported inquiry learning. Paper for the Symposium "Issues in scaffolding collaborative inquiry science learning" in A. Dimitracopoulou, C. O'Malley, D. Suthers, P. Reimann (Eds.), Computer Supported Collaborative Learning Practices - CSCL2009 Community Events Proceedings, ISLS (pp. 35). (Abstract within Symposium)
- Kerawalla, L., Littleton, K., Scanlon, E., Jones, A., Clough, G., Collins, T., Conole, G., Gaved, M. and Mulholland, P. The development of students' learning trajectories during personal inquiry project work in geography: a case study, presented at BERA 09 (Extended Abstract)
- Anastopoulou, S., Wright, M., Sharples, M., Ainsworth, S., Crook, C., Norton, B. & O’Malley, C., (2009) Personal Inquiry: Lessons Learned. In D. Metcalf, A. Hamilton & C. Graffeo (eds.) Proceedings of 8th World Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning, Orlando, Florida, 28-30th October, 2009. Florida, US p 140 Published (Short paper) (Presentation)
- Collins, T. TEL-TLRP show and tell event, Durham, 12th/13th November 2009 (Presentation)
- Sharples, M. Presentation: International Conference in Technology Enhanced Learning & 4th Mexican International Colloquium in Computational Creativity: the Role of Automatic Narrative Generation in Learning (Abstract)
- Anastopoulou, S., Sharples, M., Wright, M., Martin, H., Ainsworth, S., Benford, S., Crook, C., Greenhalgh, C., & O’Malley, C. (2008) Learning 21st Century Science in Context with Mobile Technologies. In J. Traxler, B. Riordan & C. Dennett (eds.), Proceedings of the mLearn 2008 Conference: The bridge from text to context, Wolverhampton, UK: University of Wolverhampton, pp. 12-19. Published (Proceedings)
- Collins, T., Gaved, M., Mulholland, .P, Kerawalla, L., Twiner, A., Scanlon, E., Jones, A., Littleton, K., Conole, G. and Blake, C. (2008). Supporting location-based inquiry learning across school, field and home contexts. In: Proceedings of the MLearn 2008 Conference, 7 - 10 Oct 2008, Ironbridge Gorge, Shropshire, UK. Published (Abstract)
- Conole, G., Scanlon, E., Kerawalla, L., Mulholland, P., Anastopoulou, S. & Blake, C. (2008). From design to narrative: the development of inquiry-based learning models. In Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2008 (pp. 2065-2074). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Published (Paper in Proceedings)